President Rohani’s job approval rating is better now than it was in May 2015. Fifty-four percent of Iranians say they approve of the job Mr. Rohani’s performance as president, a significant increase over the past three months. Twenty-two percent disapprove.
Rohani's Job Performance Ratings: August, 2015
Based on the poll conducted by iPOS in August 2015, 39% of Iranians say they "approve" of the way Mr. Rohani is handling his job as president, while 15% say they "somewhat approve". At the critical end of the five-point spectrum, 20% express their "dissatisfaction" with Mr. Rohani’s performance, and 4% say they are "somewhat dissatisfied" with how Mr.Rohani is handling his job. Seventeen percent have a neutral view (considered as an average favorability rating for purposes of this poll), and another 5% register other options such as "I have no idea", "not interested in this topic", and "I don’t know".
Rohani Job Performance Ratings Based on Gender, Age, Educational Level and Location
- Results are based on telephone interviews conducted on August 22 to 24, 2015, with a random sample of 654 Iranian adults aged 18 and older who are currently residing in Iran.
- The iPOS proportional two-stage sample includes respondents from every province.
- Results are weighted by gender, age and location (urban vs. rural areas) based on the Iranian national census of 2011.
- Based on the sample, it can be stated with 95% confidence that the margin of sampling error is ± 3.8 percentage points.
- Native Farsi speakers conducted the interviews during daylight hours in Iran. Interviewers were trained prior to conducting the poll.
Presidential job approval is an important indicator of how reformists, moderates, and conservatives might perform in the upcoming 2015 parliamentary elections and 2016 presidential elections. iPOS tracks the presidential job approval rating among all Iranian adults aged 18 and older on a quarterly basis.